Tuesday January 25th
- Hi, my name is Abby Fletcher and my pronouns are she/her.
- I am from Syracuse, New York.
- I love watching sports, preferably baseball and college basketball! I am also the president of my sorority, Chi Omega and love everything about it. I also have a bit of a shopping problem and love going to malls.
Learning Style & More
4. In order for me to feel safe in a classroom or learning environment I need to feel that I will not be judged by my peers. I also need to feel that I can be open to anything and feel safe discussing topics that can get heavy in the field of education.
What have you been reading:
5. Rather than sharing an essay, I thought it would be more fitting to share a quote that represents me and how I want to teach one day. “Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best” -Bob Talbert. I think this shows how I want to be one day. I want to be able to teach my kids basic things such as counting, reading, and writing, but I also want to give them life lessons that can guide them through their lives. I think that is what all teachers should strive to do, because we all want to have an impact on our students and watch them grow into successful people one day.
I do not have any questions at the moment, but I am very excited to see what we do in this class and how I can apply it in my classroom one day!!